ACE3 is a joint effort by the teams behind ACE2, AGM and CSE to improve the realism and authenticity of Arma 3. We may not be discussing all the tools offered in ACE but some of the more important ones. For the purpose of our training, these tools will be broken down into categories.
Let's get started, choose from the links below.
- Interaction - Advanced Throwing Advanced Throwing adds an alternate way of throwing grenades and other throwable items.
- Interaction - Attach Allows players to attach IR strobes and chemlights to themselves.
- Interaction - Dragging This adds the option to drag or carry units or objects
- Interaction - Explosives Enables more precise placement of explosives. Offers different trigger types, like clackers and dead man switches. Enables attaching explosives to vehicles.
- Realism - Advanced Ballistics The Advanced Ballistics module improves internal and external ballistics
- Realism - Advanced Fatigue Advanced Fatigue is a human fatigue simulation based on the information and formulas provided by Bohemia Interactive Simulations, which are publicly available online and apparently used in VBS3. However, just to make this clear again, none of VBS3 code was taken over, this is an independent implementation.
- Realism - Ballistics Changes include adjusted muzzle velocity, air friction, and dispersion based on real life values.
- Realism - Finger Allows players to point in a direction with their fingers when they do so people around (4m by default) can see a big circle in the pointed direction.
- Realism - Magazine Repack Adds the ability to repack magazines of the same type.
- Realism - Advanced Medical The advanced medical system provides a more complex and detailed medical simulation and is based on the CSE CMS. It focuses on a more realistic model for injuries and treatments, thus resulting in a more important and prominent role for combat medics, and a bigger incentive to avoid getting shot.
- Realism - Movement Adds the ability to jump, minor animation tweaks, fatigue adjustments, weight display and added optics views in all stances.
- Realism - Overheating Adds a probability of jamming, temperature simulation depending on weapon and bullet mass. Hot weapons are more prone to jamming. Depending on weapon type the accuracy and in extreme cases the muzzle velocity might be reduced at high temperatures.
- Equipent - Flashlight Adds handheld flashlights that will give you the ability to read your map even in the darkest environments.
- Equipment - Goggles Adds color tint to sunglasses and other eyewear. Causes raindrops to appear on the screen in rain. Causes dirt to appear on the screen when dirt is kicked up nearby (e.g. explosions, rotor wash, bullet impacts, muzzle blast).
- Equipment - Grenades Provides different modes for throwing grenades (high throw, precision throw and drop mode).
- Equipment - HunterIR The High-altitude Unit Navigated Tactical Imaging Round (HuntIR) is designed to be fired from a grenade launcher. After being fired in the air the inbuilt parachute will be deployed and the IR CMOS camera will activate, providing a video stream until it touches the ground or gets shot down.
- Equipment - Kestrel 4500 The Kestrel 4500 Pocket Weather Tracker is Kestrel’s environmental meter.
- Equipment - Laser Pointer ACE3 adds a visible laser attachment for weapons. This feature is compatible with BI’s lasers as well as supported modded ones.
- Equipment - Wirecutter Adds an item ACE_wirecutter that allows cutting of fencing in Arma 3 and AllInArma maps.
- Equipment - Map Tools This adds the possibility to draw accurate lines on the map screen. This adds map tools that can be used to measure distances between two points or bearings on the map. If you are equipped with a vanilla GPS it will be shown on the map. (You don’t need the Map Tools item in your inventory for this.)
- Equipment - MicroDAGR Military operations rely on the position, navigation, and timing (PNT) data that GPS can provide. In combat, the accuracy of PNT data can mean the difference between life and death. Non-military GPS receivers simply aren’t good enough when lives are on the line
- Equipment - Safe Mode You can now use the safety mode of any weapon. Switching weapon modes takes the safety off
- Equipment - Vector 21 Range finder ACE3 adds a realistic depiction of the Vector 21 rangefinder to the game. Unlike other rangefinders, it doesn’t just magically show you the range to your target, but in exchange allows you to do a lot of things with it that the other choices in Arma do not offer.